- Use granny smith or your favorite sour apple. Using a sour apple will give you a better contrast with the sweet caramel and less likely to brown quickly
- Wipe down apples for any wax coating or dirt.
- Dry apples and let sit until they are at room temperature. If apples are cold there is a possibility of caramel sliding off due to moisture.
- Take out stem and push a wooden skewer in the top.
- Heat up Burke’s Perfecto in microwave. Starting with 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, ready!
- Submerge the skewered apple into the hot caramel and spin until the apple is completely covered and excess removed.
- Place the dipped apples onto a greased surface, such as a sheet pan with pan grease.
*For a fun alternative….dip the apples into the caramel and then chopped roasted peanuts or almonds for a delicious treat. Or even drizzle chocolate over the caramel or both!